Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Broken World

"The Power of Your Name" --Lincoln Brewster

Surely nations were not made for war
Or the broken meant to be ignored
Surely this just can't be what You saw
Let Your Kingdom come
Here in my heart

I will live
To carry Your compassion
To love a world that's broken
To be Your hands and feet
I will give
With the life that I've been given
And go beyond religion
To see the world be changed
By the power of Your name

Surely life wasn't made to regret
And the lost were not made to forget
Surely faith without action is dead
Let Your Kingdom come
Lord break this heart

I heard this song in the car on the way to the airport. I think I had heard it before then, but clearly, it stuck in my mind and in my heart as I walked through the airport. I was humming it through check-in and security, and I cannot stop thinking about this song! I can't help but be reminded that this is the reason I am here. I am nothing without God, and I can do NOTHING without God. I want to carry His compassion, love a world that's broken, be His hands and feet, go beyond religion, and see the world be changed. Tonight, Wendy and I were in Target (no, this is not the same thing as our Target), and as I was waiting on Wendy at one point, there were some ladies cleaning. I smiled at them as I do with everybody, everywhere, and she decided to start talking to me in Russian. I had no idea what she was saying, but when Wendy returned, the lady asked where I was from. She said she knew I was from US, because I smiled at her! I pray that people not see me as an American when I smile but as a follower of Christ. It also really hit me how broken and depressed this country is. Most of them don't have a reason to smile, but once again, this song reminds me that by the power of Jesus' name, I can bring hope, love, joy, and ..... a simple smile.

Until the whole world hears,
Jenna

"Then He said to them, 'The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few, therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.'"
Luke 10:2

4 comments:

  1. I love this SO MUCH, Jenna! I know that people WILL see Christ in you. He has sent you here for such an amazing purpose - to bring glory to His name! He is so worthy of it! Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for you, Jenna! Love you lots!! Add followers to your blog so it will let us know when you update. Easy way to keep in touch…yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm LOVING reading your blogs! I hope to keep us as much as I can this summer. I love you and thank God for your willingness to be used by Him this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna!!
    I'm so glad I finally got a chance to read your blog! I've been praying for you and I'm so glad you had some people to help you along your journey to Ukraine. I know it was a tough thing to travel on your own but you are doing such an amazing thing!! I admire you for it!! Keep updating! Be safe! Love you!!!!!!
    -Laken

    ReplyDelete