Wednesday, August 15, 2012

True Life:

I am a {second year} speech-language pathology graduate student. 

Today {August 15, 2012} marks the last first day of a school year for this girl. Can I hear a hallelujah? Seriously, this is epic. Okay, maybe not as epic as graduation day on May 11, 2013 {yep, that's the date. there is a countdown. you should mark your calendar.}, but nonetheless, this is quite an accomplishment considering the difficult path my classmates and I have walked to get here.

On the downside, I am realizing that the free time that I have so come to enjoy over the summer is long gone. I've only sat through one {2 hour and 45 minute} class, and I am already prepping my mind for a reduced zero social life policy. Now I'm back to homework-filled weekends and stress-induced meltdowns.
 {my apologies in advance to my poor parents who will receive the brunt of these inevitable meltdowns}

Just want to share two things that came from the {terrible, no good, horrible, very bad} past/first year of graduate school ...

Lesson learned:
via
 Verse of choice for meditating when stressed:
via
I just have to keep reminding myself of this: there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I can do this. 
269 days.

God is good all the time.

Learning to be the light,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment