Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Learning To Be The Light

Travel Light. Live Light. Spread the Light. Be the Light.


Well, as you can obviously see, I've revamped my blog a little to more accurately describe where God is leading me with this blog. It has been such a crazy learning process to get to this point. I didn't know why God had me start this crazy thing, because a blog just like this cost me quite a few friendships in high school. {maturity level has definitely increased over the years} This blog is all about pointing others to Christ. It isn't about me or what I say. It's about what he is teaching me through my success and failures. The funny thing is that I go back and read my posts to remind me what God is trying to say to me. I'm sometimes always a little hard-headed. Mostly I'm learning to be the light that shines brightly for others to see more clearly to Him. He is the light that shines through me. I fail miserably on a daily basis to shine like I should, but that's why it's called learning.


Where did I come up with this Learning to be the Light? Well, this song has been stuck in my head for a few months now, and you can check out a video of it here. Such a great reminder that we are the light of the world. Reminds me of this verse: "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16

So I build a city on a hill
And I light a candle on the sill
Knowing you'll be always knocking at the door
Oh God I just want to love on everyone
All I have is yours to give, so let the people come
It's so much brighter living in your world
Savior what you did for me
You gave me something I want everyone to see
When we stumble and it all goes wrong
Only you can make it right
So I say
Oh oh oh oh oh
I'm learning to be the light
that makes the shadows hide
the light that breaks the curse of pride
the light that takes the weary in it's arms


This whole light theme has been surrounding me lately. My favorite childhood song was This Little Light of Mine, and not only did I share this song with countless campers at Garaywa but also with a number of East Asian friends who were seeing the light for the very first time. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, Let it shine, Let it shine. I want the light within my soul to shine so brightly that those around me can't help but see the light of Christ. During this season in my life, God is shining through my struggles as a single. I know there are many out there who share the same struggle, and there are others out there who are struggling differently but struggling all the same. No matter the struggle, we have a God that we can run to like a lighthouse. He shines brightly to guide us home. The waves may look like they will over come us. The sky may let loose torrential downpours. The boat may seem like it is going to toss you out. BUT focus on the LIGHT of Christ assuring you that He will calm every storm and all your fears.


Well this is it. This is me. I'm learning. Every. Single. Day. I'm learning to be the light.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh man I LOVE it!! It's beautiful :) Congrats on a new beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love it too!! I like to just stare at it and admire how pretty it is!

    ReplyDelete