Monday, June 7, 2010

Our God is Greater and Stronger

Our God is Greater
Our God is Stronger
God, you are higher than any other
Our God is Healer
Awesome and power
Our God, Our God

And if our God is for us,
then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us,
then what could stand against

God blessed me with a passion for singing, music, and songs. I don't know why, but I truly feel more connected to God when I am worshiping Him through song. The lyrics of songs or hymns always say things in a way that I can't. I have never been very good with words, and I don't have to come up with the words when it comes to lifting my voice to my Savior. This song was like a balm to my broken heart. I have been so busy asking God to give me new mission opportunities that I completely missed out on asking that God reopen the doors to my previous mission opportunities with children. I am praying that God would use me in ANYWAY He chooses.

Let me clarify ... I have known my mission and purpose for coming to Ukraine this summer for over a year now. I knew I wanted to work with children, and thankfully, God put everything into place. I wasn't one of those summer missionaries who had no idea what God was going to use them for this summer. The plans have been set for so long that I could tell people my mission in my sleep. Little did I know, that God was laughing at me! He knew from day one what the plan was/is for my summer, so that leaves me here ... kind of confused to say the least ... but I trust in a God who moves mountains and brought salvation to the world.

I will prayer walk until my legs fall off if that is what will bring the most glory to my God this summer!

The words to that song "Our God" by Chris Tomlin keep running through my mind! I just want to sing these lyrics at the top of my lungs. I want to climb the highest rooftop here in Kharkov, Ukraine, and cry out that OUR GOD IS GREATER AND STRONGER! OUR GOD IS HIGHER THAN ANY OTHER! IF OUR GOD IS FOR US, THEN WHO COULD EVER STOP US! IF OUR GOD IS WITH US, THEN WHAT COULD STAND AGAINST!

I will proclaim this to the people of Kharkov, Ukraine!

Until the whole world hears,
Jenna

2 comments:

  1. Jenna I have been so inspired by all of the things that God is doing in your life this summer. I pray for you and the people of Ukraine. I know you are making such a difference in these people's lives. I love you and am so proud of you. Also, I miss you a lot!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your doing a great job in Ukraine. You give me a lot of inspiration. I got my group of little 3rd grade vbs kids together and prayed for you this morning. Loved watching them say "wow thats so cool that she is over there. Thats so far away." It was very sweet.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete