Monday, February 13, 2012

Lessons Learned

Well, I'm not complaining, but God talked my ears off yesterday. Fortunately, He had something to say to my wonderful, lovely mother as well.

Lesson #1
We sang the song, Everlasting God," and all I heard was
STRENGTH WILL RISE AS I WAIT UPON THE LORD
I WILL WAIT UPON THE LORD
I WILL WAIT UPON THE LORD

All I could think to say in response to this was "okay, God, I got it." I am terrible at waiting. I hate it almost as much as I hated vegetables when I was little. The message was so clear, and although I hate waiting, I do love waiting on God's perfect ways.

Lesson #2
Bro. Wayne never fails to do one of the following: convict me, confirm God's plans, or connect the dots. (not to mention teach me how to make three points all starting with the same letter). Anyway, the sermon today was about moving from our desperation to God's destination. God's path is not always logical. Hmmm ... this seems to be the story of my life. Of course, we always want the easy road, but let's face it, the Christian life isn't easy nor is it advertised to be.

Lesson #3
The sermon today just so happened to provide me with multiple lessons, so bear with me as I break it down. His plans are not always known in advance. Well, duh. I know that's what you are thinking, but this just really rung true to me today. We are to look for our faith instead of fear. I am so guilty of being so hard on the Israelites and judging them for their lack of faith. I'm hypocritical enough to think that the Israelites were stupid enough to mess things up after they had seen God come through so many times (a.k.a. parting the Red Sea, providing water and food). You would think that after they needed water the first time and SHOCKER God provided that when the second time came around in need of water, they would at least trust that God would provide the SECOND time. It is so easy for me to think how ridiculous they sound not believing that God could do something that He has done before, and SMACK. There it is. I'm so CRAZY. I'm sure God is thinking how I should really open my eyes to my own life.

Lesson #4
God's master plan for my life does not need my help ... only my obedience. I've put my yes on the table. I'm willing to go wherever He leads me. My entire life is set before me, and I am willing to follow Him to the end of the earth.
Isaiah 14:13-14 "Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today ... The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent

This last week was strangely exceptional with a huge surprising twist. On Wednesday night, my good friend, Kayla Carter, text me to tell me she was going back to our frozen city in East Asia, and something in my heart just exploded. I couldn't stand it any longer, and I knew what I had to do. I have to go back. I just have to, BUT of course, the first thing that came to mind was 4 distinct problems. 1)what if my supervisors have too many other coming,etc. 2)who will I travel over with? 3)who will I travel back with? 4)how will I pay for it? Needless to say, I was skeptical that God really wanted me to go with those 4 problems piled into a gigantic mountain in my way. Within five minutes of talking to Kayla, I received an email from a non-believer friend over in EA asking me when I was coming back and how much they miss me. Talk about a dagger to the heart. It was in that moment I knew I had to do anything I could to get back. Within another 24 hours, my awesome, amazing, ridiculously crazy wonderful God had given me answers to problems #1, #2, and #3. and I mean WOW. My mouth was pretty much dragging on the floor. And mother, if you read this, I'm sorry to say that you were obstacle #5 which I didn't really think about until I had fully decided this is what I was going to do. BTW, thanks for kind of giving me your blessing, and THANK YOU, GOD, for convicting her for doubting that you can provide the money for me to go. Yep, that's right... that leaves me with only problem #4, and I'm not even gonna lie ... it makes me sick to my stomach to even think about how I am going to come up with all of that money, but I refuse to be an Israelite and doubt God. My heart is seriously on the verge of exploding due to my ridiculous JOY over going back. I know that God is going to do A-MAZING things.

Learning to love,
Jenna

P.S. ONE DAY UNTIL VALENTINE'S DAY! AND YES, I AM STILL PUMPED ABOUT THIS! AHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment