Tuesday, June 4, 2013

He's Got the Whole World

... in His hands. 
He's got the whole world in His hands. 
He's got the whole world in His hands. 
He's got the whole world in His hands.

via
As I am constantly surrounded by so many different people, languages, and cultures, God reminds me that He understands every language. He loves every child of the world. Red and yellow, black, and white. They are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.  

God is doing so many amazing things here in Ukraine. Not only is God moving in the hearts of the people around me but He is also faithful to work in my heart bringing me ever close to Him. As I spent time with the Roma (gyspy) children this past weekend, my heart felt like it could explode with joy. Seeing the precious smiles on their faces and the simple way they grabbed my hand and pulled me around the entire place melted my heart. I knew in that moment that they were a huge reason why God brought me here this summer. I know He has amazing plans for me no matter what comes of my 4 weeks left here, but I do pray that He works it out for me to go back to the Roma church for a 2 day VBS. 

English classes are in full swing. And by full swing, I mean just about every day. I love it though. I have thought more about the English language in the last week than I have in my entire life. It's quite perplexing what you take for granted when you have spoken a language your entire life. I love helping with these English classes, because I can share my culture and my relationship with God with these students. Please pray for spiritual conversations to come of these new connections I have made through the English classes. 

I will be meeting with all of the international girls on Friday nights at 6pm, and I am so excited to see what God has in store for all of us. They are teaching me so much through their willing and humble hearts, and I am just praying that God will bring us all into a closer walk with Him. 

I am overjoyed with the opportunities that God is placing before me, and I hope you will join me in praying for the work He is doing. I am just an empty vessel waiting to be used by Him. 

Learning to be the Light,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment