Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Where is My {Ninevah}?

Before now I had decided that I didn't have a so-called {Ninevah}. God put this on my heart through the SheSharesTruth challenge given by the SheReadsTruth community. I thought I would write a sweet little post about asking God to show me my {Ninevah} although I knew I couldn't possibly have a {Ninevah} since I'm always just so obedient {note sarcasm}.
Jonah 1:1-3
"Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, 'Arise, go to Ninevah, that great city, and call out against it, for their evil has come up before me.'  BUT JONAH rose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord. He went down to Joppa and found a ship going to Tarshish. So he paid the fare and went down into it, to go with them to Tarshish, away from the presence of the Lord. {ESV, emphasis mine}"
I don't want to be Jonah. I don't want to flee to Tarshish. I don't think I've ever had a reason to flee to Tarshish, because overseas missions is my passion. That's really all God has ever called me to.

Right?

Or not? My story is far from over. As the quote in my senior yearbook said, "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." {thanks Corrie Ten Boom}. Stay tuned for the conclusion of the story entitled {Be Careful What You Pray For}.

No comments:

Post a Comment