Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Confession // I'm a Dweller

Like right now. Today. I'm dwelling on the fact that I had this stupid post all written out, and all of google decided to malfunction losing everything I had written. I'm dwelling on what was. On what this post is never gonna be now. On what I won't be able to recreate. It's only bringing me down. way down.

I am a pro at dwelling. And in this waiting place I'm in, it only seems to magnify the dwelling I was already so good at.

Dwelling on the unknown. the future. the possibilities. the hardships. the difficulties. the words someone said to me. or even the words someone didn't say. the situation I'm in. the million and one things running through this crazy brain of mine.

If nothing else, I know how to dwell on things I shouldn't.

I'd like to say that this is a girl thing. But the truth is that it is a sin thing.

I would love to sugar coat this and say it's harmless, but in my waiting place, dwelling can take me to some pretty dark places. It's a lack of control over my thoughts, and God very clearly states in His word over and over again where our thoughts should be.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things.

Colossians 3:1-2
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

I can sit here and drive myself insane running the same scenario through my brain over and over again. When we are waiting on God, the enemy wants us to dwell on what we don't have. He wants us to dwell on what could have been and what isn't. He wants to paralyze us by helping us dwell in the pity and self-seeking mindset.
I won't allow this. No more. I choose instead to dwell on truth. Choosing to dwell on the truth of God during times of waiting is my number one step toward redeeming this waiting place of mine.

God is for me not against me. God loves me and wants good things for me. God watches over me and protects me. God provides for me and sustains me. God never fails me. He only withholds from me when He knows better, has better things in store, and will receive more glory in a different ending.

Dwelling on truth will redeem our waiting places.

No more lies. Only truth. No more fantasies. Only truth. No more sabotage. Only truth.

Let's choose to dwell on truth today.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

{This blog post is a part of a series called Redeeming the Waiting Place for the Write31Days challenge to write every day in October. You can find links to all posts in my series here. If you're interested, the Write31Days challenge is being taken by hundreds and hundreds of other wonderful bloggers which you can read more of right here. My personal favorite is browsing all the inspirational and Godly women who are blogging under the Inspiration & Faith tab which you can check out as well right here.}

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. Just the words I needed today. Loving your 31 days journey, Jenna. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting, Abigial, and I'm glad you are following along! God is teaching me SO much through this!

      Delete