Sunday, October 18, 2015

Singing in the Wait // Part Three

I don't think anyone ever feels brave. At least I don't. But through praying and reading lots of blogs {particularly this one by Aliza who is doing her #write31days series on choosing to be brave}, I've discovered that brave is a choice. Some times I feel like so many things are out of my control like my feelings, my emotions, my struggles, but God is telling me to make that choice, and He'll step in to do the rest. I choose brave. I choose joy. I choose love. These things are not feelings. They are a choice. I trust that once I make the choice, God will do His part.

Moriah Peters is one of my favorite artists, and her music just lifts me up and makes me want to choose brave. Take a listen to this amazing song. I think it will make you wanna be brave too. 

No one ever told me
This would be easy
But I never knew
That it could be this hard
Oh the worry the worry the worry
Is weighing on me
Could you help me break down
All these question marks
And make me ...

I know I know I'm no superwoman
But impossible is possible with You
So no, no, no more running, no more hiding
Strike the fire so I'll be fearless too
And make me ...

None go with me
Still I'll follow
Through the joy
And through the sorrow
Cross before me
World behind me
There's no turning back

Brave  //  I'll fight like a soldier
Brave  //  Rise like a warrior
Brave  //  Won't stop till the final day
Brave  //  I want to be stronger
Brave  //  Gonna be bolder
Brave  //  Look up and I see the way
You make me brave

 

I want to be BRAVE. I'm gonna choose brave. These last two weeks of this challenge are going to be hard. Have I mentioned yet that I am running a half-marathon on October 31? These next two weeks could potentially be the hardest of the entire write31days challenge. But I choose to be brave.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

{This blog post is a part of a series called Redeeming the Waiting Place for the Write31Days challenge to write every day in October. You can find links to all posts in my series here. If you're interested, the Write31Days challenge is being taken by hundreds and hundreds of other wonderful bloggers which you can read more of right here. My personal favorite is browsing all the inspirational and Godly women who are blogging under the Inspiration & Faith tab which you can check out as well right here.}

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 
DaySpring.com is celebrating all of the amazing Write 31 Days readers who are supporting nearly 2,000 writers this October! To enter to win a $500 DaySpring shopping spree, just click on this link & follow the giveaway widget instructions. Good luck, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment