Sunday, October 19, 2014

That "Coming Home" Feeling

There were times that I thought I would never feel that again. That "coming home" feeling when you return to a place that served as home. I really thought that the "home" concept was a thing of the past. 

I've actually spent many years being discontent with my lack of a "home." Grenada was really the only home I'd ever known. With every year that passed, it felt less like home

I felt a little lost through college not having a home. But there were technically many places I could call home. I just didn't connect with any of those places

I wasn't happy with that lack of home but what choice did I really have. 

Discontentment was reigning in my heart at that time. Then I finally found a home at Longview Heights Baptist Church. Once I started putting forth the effort to be involved and get to know people, God blessed that tenfold. I was finally content with my home. I was so content. 

But then God called me to leave my home. Also know as my contentment. 

For a while now, I have definitely been struggling with this leaving home part as an area of discontentment. I love my church and the people who have impacted my life here. That place stole my heart with such loving and wonderful people. 

Today as I got to visit and see people that I haven't seen in a couple months, I had that "coming home" feeling. 

Even though it is hard that I had to leave home, I am finding contentment in that "coming home" feeling. That is such a great feeling to have. To be surrounded by love is to be home.
                       

I don't think I truly knew that until now. I didn't grow up in Olive Branch. Really I have only been there officially for the last year and a half. For a while I allowed that to be an area of discontentment that I didn't have a place to call home anymore.  The number one thing I was missing was God's role in all of it. When will I learn that everything falls into place when every part of my life is submitted under His control? 

His thoughts are not my thoughts and His ways are not my ways. He has plans far exceeding anything I could come up with. 

Contentment is found in Jesus. Not my home or lackthereof. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{This series is a part of a writing challenge given by the nester, Myquillyn Smith, to write for 31 Days. You can check the write31days website out here and enjoy hundreds of other bloggers joining together for this challenge. My posts are a part of my personal topic choice of 31 Days of Contentment, and you can find the link for the entire series here.}


2 comments:

  1. HOME is where God surrounds you with LOVE! What! That is perfect. Praying for peace for you friend! Love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you, sweet friend! When football season is over, I want to come visit!! :)

      Delete