Monday, October 13, 2014

Pressing On

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with work this week. Okay. More than a little bit. More like a whole lot. I usually handle stress well, but this week just needs to be over. And quick. 

I feel like contentment is literally the last thing on my mind tonight but really the question of the hour is am I content right now. If I'm choosing contentment found in God then obviously I'll be content even in the midst of craziness at work. 

                         

If my recent posts have made it seem like I've already attained contentment then let me leave you with this verse for the day:

"Not that I have already obtained all this, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But on thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14 {NIV}

Even when this challenge ends on October 31, my challenge to find contentment will continue. Every day. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{This series is a part of a writing challenge given by the nester, Myquillyn Smith, to write for 31 Days. You can check the write31days website out here and enjoy hundreds of other bloggers joining together for this challenge. My posts are a part of my personal topic choice of 31 Days of Contentment, and you can find the link for the entire series here.}

No comments:

Post a Comment