Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Long Haul

I am not one to sprint. I love running. It clears my head. Gives me time and space to think and spend time talking to God. I could go out there and run as hard as I can to the finish line but the finish line is nearly 5 miles in the distance. I would lose steam after about oh I don't know five seconds of sprinting. I'm all about the jog to endure the distance. Or the long haul. 

For the first two decades of my life, I either refused or loathed running, so to say that I'm not fast is probably a vast understatement. I'm what you might compare to the turtle. Who might I add in the end of the story wins the race. Beside the point. It's unrealistic to expect myself to sprint to the contentment finish line. I would grow weary fast and give up. So pointless. 

Slow and steady will get to that proverbial finish line. I feel God telling me to slow down and take it one day at a time. He is so faithful. I have seen countless answered prayers just in the last 16 days of this journey specifically related to my contentment. 

                      

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive perishable wealth, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified." 
{1 Corinthians 9:24-27, ESV}

I'm not giving up. I'm gonna set my jogging pace and keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of my faith. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{This series is a part of a writing challenge given by the nester, Myquillyn Smith, to write for 31 Days. You can check the write31days website out here and enjoy hundreds of other bloggers joining together for this challenge. My posts are a part of my personal topic choice of 31 Days of Contentment, and you can find the link for the entire series here.}

No comments:

Post a Comment