Saturday, October 4, 2014

Just a Glimpse

Today. I felt it. Tonight. I feel it. I'm on the brink. I got this small glimpse into what I could potentially experience every day.

Contentment. It washed over me as I sipped my coffee while reading my Bible. I felt it rush through my heart as I met up with a childhood friend, chatted over coffee, took a walk in this incredible weather. And again as I tried new food at a middle eastern restuarant. Again as I worshipped with some brothers in Christ. And AGAIN as I bonded with some sweet little boys. 
                                  
Everywhere. God poured out contentment over my heart little by little all day long. It built and built and built. 

Oh sweet, blissful contentment. 

Jesus, you bring contentment.  You see the depths of my heart and you love me the same. You see the areas where I hide my ugly feelings of discontentment. You shine light in the darkness. You show me a glimpse of what it's like to be content in you. 

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{This series is a part of a writing challenge given by the nester, Myquillyn Smith, to write for 31 Days. You can check the write31days website out here and enjoy hundreds of other bloggers joining together for this challenge. My posts are a part of my personal topic choice of 31 Days of Contentment, and you can find the link for the entire series here.}

No comments:

Post a Comment