Friday, October 10, 2014

A Heart Divided

My heart betrays me.

I love New Orleans. I love it so much. I love the people. I love the culture. I love the food. I love the festivals. I love the atmosphere. I love the opportunities to serve. I love all things NOLA.

But sometimes. Just sometimes. I'm reminded of how my heart longs for another city hidden away in the northeastern corner of Asia.

                      

The discontentment comes when I think about all that I could be doing in East Asia. The life I could be leading. The people I could be doing life with. 

Even though my heart longed for the simpler, less stressful life in EA this morning, I realized in the midst of that that my contentment cannot be contingent upon my circumstances. As long as I choose contentment now. today. in Christ, nothing that comes my way will be able to shake my contentment. 

I'm choosing the now. I'm choosing to be content in Jesus and where He has me today. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{This series is a part of a writing challenge given by the nester, Myquillyn Smith, to write for 31 Days. You can check the write31days website out here and enjoy hundreds of other bloggers joining together for this challenge. My posts are a part of my personal topic choice of 31 Days of Contentment, and you can find the link for the entire series here.}

No comments:

Post a Comment