Sunday, October 26, 2014

Make Me Content

Here we are. Last week of the write 31 days challenge. I'd be lying if I said this has been easy. It hasn't been easy at all. I has been challenging. It has been somewhat painful. Digging deeper into areas of discontentment. Targeting those areas of discontentment. Painful. This type of change is almost always painful.

Tonight as the roomie and I were driving home from church/football viewing party, this song came on the radio. The topic that came up was is this truly our prayer? Do we truly want God to make us broken? make us lonely? make us empty? 'til He's our one desire. one true love. my breath. my everything. That's something to think about as we head into a new/last week of the challenge. 

Keep Making Me
by Sidewalk Prophets

Make me broken
So I can be healed
‘Cause I’m so calloused
And now I can’t feel
I want to run to You
With heart wide open
Make me broken

Make me empty
So I can be filled
‘Cause I’m still holding
Onto my will
And I’m completed
When you are with me
Make me empty

Make me lonely
So I can be Yours
‘Til I want no one
More than You, Lord
‘Cause in the darkness
I know You will hold me
Make me lonely

‘Til You are my one desire
‘Til You are my one true love
‘Til You are my breath, my everything
Lord, please keep making me


That last part/verse gets me. Make me lonely so I can be yours. 'til I want no one more than you, Lord.

That is my prayer this week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{This series is a part of a writing challenge given by the nester, Myquillyn Smith, to write for 31 Days. You can check the write31days website out here and enjoy hundreds of other bloggers joining together for this challenge. My posts are a part of my personal topic choice of 31 Days of Contentment, and you can find the link for the entire series here.}

No comments:

Post a Comment